Thursday, October 23, 2008

I recovered my quickly erased CDRW.

Happened in 2006 August.
I had a CDRW which was the only source for my all projects as my hdd was crashed. I tried to find many software on net, found forensic sites but they were charging much money. Being a student, i wasn't able to produce that amount then i decided to search for software based recovery.

I found Isobuster, that wasn't capable of quick erased CDRW's data recovery. But i found a good software - Back2Life. I tried to recover the cd, using "force RW mode".
Hah! it recovered the table but wasn't recovering data as it was a demo version and limited to 64KB file recovery. It must have burned some part on the CDRW. I was disappointed b/c i had very less time, only few days to go. Then my mind lightened an idea and i again used Isobuster, hey! it recovered my data and i successfully saved my all projects. I know it could also help many of you.

That's why we say: Problem occurred for one person but gave solution to many.
Tip: Use back2life version > 2.3 and then use Isobuster.
Now TestDisk is my favorite data recovery program, it now offers optical media recovery.

3 comments:

rohit said...

very nice trick, i will also try if i would get stuck in such condition.
thnks

rohit said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

bindesh said...

Thanks Rohit and please let me know if the same works for you too.